Late at night, psychologist Eliane Hess is called to the hospital bed of 8-year-old Yves. The boy is the only family member to have survived a car crash. Eliane is both horrified and fascinated by the boy’s fate. An invisible bond develops between them, blurring the boundaries between private and working life.
Based on the novel “Finsteres Glück” by Lukas Hartmann, DARK FORTUNE tells us a tender, highly unusual story about belonging and love, exploring the question of guilt and innocence and illustrating the fearless courage to face one’s destiny.
The Hollywood Reporter
By Stephen Dalton
“A classy and engrossing package overall, Dark Fortune reels viewers in with slow-burn suspense and psychological complexity. Haupt’s intense lead performance, a study in brittle professionalism masking deep trauma, stands out in a high-caliber cast.”
FESTIVALS / AWARDS
- Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival 2016 – Ecumenical Jury prize
- Cannes Junior 2017
- 20th Shangai International Film Festival
- 21st Berlin & Beyond Film Festival San Francisco
- Goteburg International Film Festival 2017
- 52. Solothumer Filmtage 2017
- Locarno Film Festival